AGLIANICO DEL VULTURE
La Città dei Sassi
“Home” for Italians has a very strong meaning. It means haven, comfort, pleasure, friends, family, and peace.
When I designed our boutique hotel, I had those meanings in mind.
I put care and passion in all the details, as it was my home. The warmth of the lights, the peculiarity of each single ornament, the fabric of the sofas, the texture of the pillows.
I laid on each single bed, I paused on each single chair, looking outside and around, admiring the ceiling, contemplating the incomparable beauty of each single room. I wanted the history of the place to talk to me, to tell me its history, the incredible amount of people who walked on those floors before me.
Our Palazzotto has its own ancient history, hundreds of years of untold stories.
I tried to restore it respecting its glorious past, trying to interfere as less as possible with its original beauty whilst exploiting its uniqueness and peculiarity. I tried to make it my home.
I hope our hotel can inspire you with its history, culture, wine and beauty.
Most importantly, I hope you can really feel at Home.
“Il Palazzotto” is centrally located in the heart of the Sasso Barisano in Matera. With just a few “steps” from the iconic Duomo, you are walking distance from the city centre where the main shopping and restaurant area is located.
“Il Palazzotto” is one of the few standing alone buildings in the Sassi area, easily recognizable from its beautiful historic balcony. It compromises of 10 unique rooms, each with a different touch and story.
For breakfast, relaxing and wine tasting, you will find a breath taking lounge located next to the reception area.
LOUNGE & WINERY
For your breakfast, for your relaxation and for tasting wine excellences of our land, it is at your disposal our lounge & amp; winery, in a huge cave dug into the rock.
A unique experience that only Il Palazzotto can give you.
An extensive breakfast, made with natural products, typical of the area.
– fresh bread, baked in a wood oven in the city of Matera, with handcrafted produced jams
– selection of “Grandma’s pie”, prepared with fresh, natural ingredients
– delicious almond pastries from the nearby city of Altamura
– flat bread baked daily and cooked in a wood oven
– wide selection of meats and fresh local cheeses, like mozzarella, scamorza and ricotta
– fruit juices and seasonal fruit
– tea and coffee
– We invite you to taste our organic wine and visit our vineyards located in the Vulture, just a 60 minutes drive from our hotel.
The excursion includes:
– visit our vineyards in the beautiful countryside of Basilicata facing the volcano Vulture
– Wine tasting with Aglianico, Fiano and Chardonnay